Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Oz,

I regret to inform you that upon cleaning I have discovered that you really are the only cat in the apartment - aside from Anubis, I suppose, but as we all know, he's not much of a cat, really.  I know you had grown fond of the Others, as we shall now call them...  (I had too, to be honest. I bought collars for them yesterday, and had begun looking up Egyptian names...)  But, as the vacuum seems to have done them a disservice, it looks like we will have to resign ourselves to their loss.  I know that they were friendlier to you than the dog is; and they were, of course, more intelligent than Noob.  But please try to remember that, in the end, it's not the quantity of time that you had with them (really, it's only been a month since last I cleaned), but rather the quality.  Savor the memories of chasing them across the sunlit room and cuddling them in the corner.  After all, next semester is coming.  Chances are, they will come back.  You will have friends again.

In deepest sympathy,

Suez.

No comments:

Post a Comment